We're working with some of the best writers and athletes in the game, but don't let that fool you: We're looking for new and exciting voices to welcome into the fold of climbing journalism. Got loads of experience? Great, we want to hear from you. Never published a thing in your life? Awesome, send us a pitch.
Send all pitches to Michael Levy at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We welcome pitches as well as finished pieces.
- We're always looking for good modern-day adventure stories, whether that be an epic at your home crag, a bare-bones expedition to a seldom visited range, or a rescue deep-dive.
- Word Limits: We don't have any. Longform is our bread and butter. Some stories only need 1,000 words to be told well. Others need 10,000.
- We rarely publish fiction, but are not opposed to it and welcome pitches.
- Other types of articles we're always looking for: personal narratives, profiles, historical pieces, looks at new (or old) areas/destinations, philosophical essays.
We only accept original photos captured by human beings (whether that be with a handheld camera or drone) and original artwork made by human beings. No AI-generated submissions please.
Summit Journal has room in each issue for both standalone shots and galleries.
Please be prepared to send hi-res images.
Send all photo submissions to email@example.com.